Parmalee and Chase Bryant will perform in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on April 13. (Provided via Andrew Holzaepfel) 

Parmalee and Chase Bryant to perform in April

The Campus Involvement Center will close out the Performing Arts and Concert Series with a country show.

Parmalee and Chase Bryant will perform in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on April 13 at 8 p.m. Admission is $35 for the first 10 rows and $20 for the remainder of the seats.

The CIC tries to book two country artists a semester because of the demand for the shows, Andrew Holzaepfel, the senior associate director of student activities, said.

There are five top-ten songs between the two artists. “Carolina,” “Close Your Eyes” and “Already Calling You Mine” are among Parmalee’s top tens, which peaked at No. 1, No. 4 and No. 10, respectively, on the Billboard Country Airplay chart. Bryant’s two songs, “Little Bit of You” and “Take It On Back,” hit No. 4 and No. 9 on the same chart.

Holzaepfel does not expect the show to sell out, but thinks it will sell well. He anticipates the audience will be comprised of students and residents of the greater Athens area because of the singers’ hits, he said.

“With them both having hits right now and a lot … of radio airplay for the both of them over the last couple years,” Holzaepfel said. “I think they’re both very familiar to people. It will be a great way for us to end the academic year and reset for next year.”

Parmalee’s most-streamed song on Spotify is “Carolina,” which has racked up more than 17 million listens. The group has more than 300,000 monthly listeners, with the highest concentration in Houston.

Juliana Ciarabellini, a sophomore studying communication studies, likes the affordability of the tickets and said concert tickets anywhere else would cost about $100. She said she likes Parmalee’s catchy lyrics and the stories the songs convey.

Bryant’s “Little Bit of You” has been streamed about 20 million times, and the artist has more than 200,000 monthly listeners on Spotify.

Melissa Messman, a sophomore studying communication studies, said she would go to the concert to see Bryant. She enjoys listening to his songs because he has a “nice voice.”

“It’s exciting,” she said. “Who doesn’t like concerts?”

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu