Halle Weber is a freshman studying journalism with a focus in news and information at Ohio University.

On A High Note: Check out these under-the-radar alternative tracks

Here are some alternative masterpieces that may have flown under your radar, even if you’re a fan of the genre.

1.) “Ooh La” – The Kooks (2005)

The Kooks are one of the best modern rock bands around. “She Moves in Her Own Way” and “Naïve” were both well-crafted hits in the United Kingdom. “Ooh La” was also a single, but it wasn’t quite as popular. It’s a catchy, cheeky ballad that you need in your life.

2.) “Not Nineteen Forever” – The Courteeners (2008)

This one reminds me of all the life I still have ahead of me. It’s a good pick-me-up. Things will fall into place eventually, but when they do, part of us will long for the confusing bliss of youth.

3.) “Let’s Dance To Joy Division” – The Wombats (2007)

The Wombats are just so damn cool. With upbeat tempos, British accents and hazy lyrics about love, drugs and drunkenness, they capture the mess that is youth. The way they structure their songs is genius, “Let’s Dance To Joy Division” is among their best, though it never enjoyed the same success as “Greek Tragedy” or “Give Me a Try.”

4.) “Sorrow” – The National (2010)

This track is more on the indie side than the alternative. It’s a slow song and a lyrical masterpiece. I avoided The National for a few months because they are my ex-boyfriend’s favorite band (yes, I’m that immature), but I eventually gave in because of their unmistakable raw talent.

5.) “Happy Accidents” – Saint Motel (2016)

“Ever think what if we never met?/You love me, but you don't know it yet/Everything is just an accident/A happy accident.” Life works in strange ways. So does love. This track hits the nail on the head.

6.) “Damned if She Do” – The Kills

The Kills have a sort of Fleetwood Mac thing going with multiple lead singers. On this track, it’s all girl power when Alison Mosshart takes the mic, with endless energy. It’s just pure, old-fashioned rock n’ roll, which is a rare feat these days.

7.) “K.” – Cigarettes After Sex (2016)

Well-written, relatable and mellow, this one will get you in your feels. Life is not always black and white, so music should not depict it that way. This song captures the uncertainty of delicate situations perfectly. “We had made love earlier that day with no strings attached/But I could tell that something had changed how you looked at me then.”

8.) “I Predict A Riot” – Kaiser Chiefs (2005)

This is a trendy rock song with a political agenda. They do a good job playing the role of rebels with a cause. Kaiser Chiefs are only really known for “Ruby,” but they have plenty of great songs that flew under the radar. “A friend of a friend he got beaten/He looked the wrong way at a policeman/Would never have happened to Smeaton/And old Leodiensian.”

9.) “Dear Daughter” – Halestorm (2015)

Lzzy Hale is typically a hard-core rocker, but in this track, she slows it down to showcase her songwriting talent and depth as an artist. This is an emotional ballad that is not about love; it’s about life. “Dear Daughter/Don't worry about those stupid girls/If they try to bring you down/It's cause they're scared and insecure/Dear Daughter/Don't change for any man/Even if he promises the stars/And takes you by the hand.”

10.) “Sad Songs” – The Maine (2013)

I had to throw this in. I’ve loved The Maine for years, and this is a meaningful track from Forever Halloween that gets ignored all too often. " 'I lost her in 1978’/He tells me then looks away/It's simple he loved her so/A tenderness you can't let go/He said/‘Son you don't forget your first true love/She won't forget you too.'"

Halle Weber is a freshman studying journalism with a focus in news and information at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Did you add any of these to your playlist? Let Halle know by tweeting at her @HalleWeber13.