Ohio University Student Senate President Hannah Clouser and Chief of Staff Landon Lama welcome returning members from last year as well as students interested in joining Student Senate on Wednesday evening in Walter Hall. (AUSTIN JANNING | FOR THE POST)

Student Senate: Body will vote on senior honors and senator emeritus

Ohio University Student Senate will vote on resolutions regarding senior honors and senator emeritus at its last meeting of the year Wednesday night.

The resolutions will honor members of the body who are graduating this year.

“It is great to be able to spend our last meeting reminiscing over our successes and celebrating the outgoing and incoming members,” Student Senate President Hannah Clouser said.

Clouser and Vice President Courteney Muhl expect all resolutions to pass.

Muhl said the meeting will be a good opportunity for everyone to listen and that it will be more ceremonial than anything else.

Senate will also vote to appoint next year’s Clerk of Court and six Associate Justice positions in the Judicial Panel.

Clouser and Muhl expect those appointments to pass.

If the other appointment passes, Nick Eaton would become director of Students Defending Students, and Molly Kardasz will become assistant director.

Students Defending Students has conducted internal elections and the executive-elects agree with the outcome of the election, the resolution reads.

Muhl said it will be an emotional meeting because the body is proud of the work it has done this year.

“It will be a chance to take a step back and celebrate the work our senate has put in and welcome the next senate,” Muhl said. “The current senate is ready to take a step back and the new senate to take a step forward.”

Clouser, a graduating senior, will not return to senate next year.

“It’s bittersweet to be ending my time not only in senate but at Ohio University,” Clouser said. “I’m confident as I hand over my gavel the body will be in good hands.”

@stasia_nicholas

an631715@ohio.edu