Incoming students can submit a photo before their orientation date to be put on their student ID. (provided via Ohio University Bobcat Student Orientation Twitter)

Incoming students can choose their OU ID photo

Incoming students attending Bobcat Student Orientation can now submit a photo online for their Ohio University student ID.

This is a new feature offered by the One Card Office in order to save time at BSO, Joshua Bodnar, director of Access, Transaction and Video Services, said.

“Using this system, we can pre-produce the cards the day before and have them ready for pickup at check-in - which makes the process much more efficient for the students,” Bodnar said in an email.

Students going to BSO, which kicks off Tuesday and runs through June 24, were emailed instructions by the One Card Office. Email reminders will also be sent by the BSO office prior to students' orientation date. The students have to submit their photo a full business day before their orientation session.

At orientation, students can pick up their printed ID at check-in instead of taking a photo and waiting for it to be printed. Though this gives students a chance to put a more agreeable photo on their ID, certain requirements have to be met for the photo.

It is recommended to not use a senior picture as they usually have a backdrop. A plain, light background is required for the ID photo. The photo must be in color and of the student by themselves.

The photo should be cropped slightly above the head to the middle of the chest with the student’s head and shoulders facing the camera. The student’s eyes should be open and look directly at the camera.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu