Ohio University men's golf captains Peyton White, left, and Ty Herriott, right, both seniors, pose for a portrait at the Ohio University Driving Range on West State Street on Sept. 21.

Men's Golf: Peyton White finishes tied for 15th at NCAA Regional

Correction appended.

Peyton White tied for 15th at the NCAA West Lafayette Regional after shooting a 221 (+5) for the tournament.

He started the tournament strong but fell as the event progressed.

He shot a 69 (-3) in the first round, which was good enough to tie for fourth after the first day.

“We had a good game plan going into the day,” White said. “We were hitting the shots we were trying to hit, and everything was just in front of us all day.”

Windier conditions could be looked at as the cause for the double-digit position drop over the final two days. White birdied nine holes in the tournament, all in the first two rounds.

Illinois State’s Trent Wallace won the tournament and will advance to the NCAA Championship.

This marks the end of the season for the Bobcats, and the end of an illustrious collegiate career for White.

He finishes as Ohio’s single season scoring average record holder, and the first Bobcat to earn First Team All-MAC honors since 2002.

@trevor_colgan

tc648714@ohio.edu

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly identified the name of the tournament. The article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.