Rachel Lindsay took Dean on a blimp ride despite his fear of heights on the Monday, June 19 episode of The Bachelorette. (Provided via Instagram)

7 reasons why Dean is perfect for ‘The Bachelorette’ Rachel Lindsay

It had been two weeks since The Bachelorette last aired, and the drama of the June 5 episode still loomed with the words “to be continued.” The drama was not resolved in the Monday, June 19 episode, though, and will continue into next week’s two episode arch.

Instead, a romance blossomed before America’s eyes as Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay got cozy with one of the men — Dean. The bachelor had the pleasure of accompanying Rachel on a one-on-one, and the two seemed to hit it off. In fact, Dean might be the front-runner on this “journey to find love.” Here are the reasons Dean is perfect for Rachel:

1. He doesn’t get caught up in all of the drama

While all of the other guys were hung up on the drama Lee was causing with some of the men in the house, Dean sat back and watched. Dean saved his opinions on the immature behavior of his peers for the private cameras.

“I just think Lee is kind of a b*tch,” Dean said.

Dean isn’t afraid to tell it like it is, but he also doesn’t go out of his way to start drama. Those characteristics are exactly the way Rachel conducts herself too.

2. He is attractive

Looks aren’t everything, but they sure do help. It’s nice when a guy is nice and attractive — both qualities that Dean possesses. Dean has a bright smile, fantastic hair and, let’s not forget, a nice body. Rachel, who is gorgeous, and Dean are a picture-perfect couple.

3. They’re always laughing

While they were waiting for their real date to start, the couple sat on the hood of a jeep and drank champagne. They were laughing so much that Rachel spilled some of the beverage on her clothes.

As the saying goes, “laughter is the best medicine,” and if those two end up together, they will easily be able to laugh off their problems.

4. They know how to comfort each other

The one-on-one involved some high flying, and Dean was not OK with it. The 26-year-old revealed that he was scared of heights when their ride, a blimp, touched down on the field they were parked in. He said on a scale of 1 to 10, he was a 10 on the freaking out scale.

“I’m a little bit scared,” Dean confessed, to which Rachel responded, “Dean, I’ll hold your hand.”

And that she did. Once they got up in the air, Dean relaxed a little bit and even took his turn at flying the blimp. “I’m a blimp pilot,” he said. “I wouldn’t want to be up here with anyone else.”

5. He may be the youngest, but he has been through a lot

When they landed safely on the ground, Dean and Rachel sat down to a nice, romantic dinner. The two talked about how they were raised, which led Dean to reveal he lost his mother at the age of 15 to breast cancer. He said his siblings moved out shortly after and his dad was rarely home, forcing him to grow up a little early.

Despite the challenges he faced at a young age, Dean said he is looking forward to all that marriage entails and “being a father excites me in so many ways.”

Rachel was very receptive of that and said, “That’s the kind of person I want to be around. That’s the kind of person I want as a partner in life.”

6. He can already see himself “falling in love with her”...

Dean got the rose, but the night didn’t end there. Rachel and Dean were treated to a concert from country singer Russell Dickerson. Even though there were about 100 other people there, Dean felt as if it was just him and Rachel, and his feelings for her seemed to grow.

“I can feel myself falling in love with her,” he said.

7. ...and Rachel somewhat reciprocates that

Though Rachel probably wouldn’t come right out and say she had feelings for Dean, it is obvious she felt closer to him after their date.

“I didn’t know it would be so real,” she said. “After today I can def see a future with Dean.”

Though it’s early in the season, it wouldn’t be a surprise if these two lovebirds end up engaged at the end.

The Bachelorette airs every Monday at 8 p.m. on ABC. A special episode will air Tuesday, June 27 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu