Luna the cat celebrated her 15th birthday this week. (Photo via luna_sheridan22 Instagram account) 

Fun News Friday: 'Wonder Woman' becomes most tweeted-about movie of 2017; peacock damages $500 worth of alcohol

Plenty of news happened this week, that’s for sure. Fired FBI Director James Comey testified yesterday, and the Cleveland Cavaliers have now lost the first three games of the NBA Finals. Here’s your look back at the happy things in life.

1. A 15-year-old cat celebrated her birthday in style

Luna, a 15-year-old great cat, was spoiled by her family this birthday. Her owners threw her a full-blown quinceañera. On average, cats live to be between 10 and 20 years old, according to Catster, a website dedicated to information about cats.

"My mom planned the party a week in advance," Luna's owner Brigitte Olavarria told BuzzFeed. "We sent out invitations to our immediate family members and best friends a week in advance. Everyone showed up and were all so excited."

2. Wonder Woman is the most tweeted-about movie of 2017

I haven’t seen it yet, but the tweets about Wonder Woman still make me happy. Especially this one:

The movie has broken quite a few records since it hit theaters last week, including best domestic box office debut for a female director, BuzzFeed reports. It’s now also the most tweeted about movie of the year. Good tweets, 10/10.

3. Apple is moving the volume indicator on your phone

Normally when you watch videos and you need to change the volume, the indicator shows up right in the middle of the screen. That ruins everything, and I hate it, because you can’t keep watching and change the volume at the same time.

Fear no more! Mashable reports that Apple is moving the indicator to show up in the top right corner of the screen now. Look at this beauty!

You should be happy about this.

4. A peacock broke about $500 worth of alcohol

This female peacock (called a peahen) walked into a liquor store in Los Angeles on Monday. It was there for about 90 minutes, the Associated Press reports, and broke about $500 worth of alcohol.

I guess the bird was just looking to have a good time.

5. A man showed off his smooth move on a water slide 

People on the internet freaked out over how good this guy is at doing summer. Maybe he’s a waterbender, or maybe it’s just plain sorcery. I don’t know how he did it, but it’s maybe the most impressive thing I’ve ever seen.

Other people are just as mind-blown as me.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu