Turnover recently released their latest single "Super Natural" this week. (Photo via Wikimedia Commons user Steve Pisano)

New Tune Friday: Check out the latest from Vince Staples, Turnover, Young Thug and more

The first half of 2017 has been decorated with ample amounts of great new music releases, and the past month has seen its fair share of big name releases from Fleet Foxes to Young Thug.

With new music coming out left and right, it’s easy to miss new music. Each week, I will be putting this blog out with a playlist of some music recently released that you might have missed to start the weekend off right.

More recent than Thugger’s Beautiful Thugger Girls was Turnover’s latest single “Super Natural.” The hazy, emo-pop band’s newest song is able to capture the essence of Peripheral Vision with melodies that are able to bring you to the beach rather than writing poetry about your latest breakup.

LIGHTS also came out with the first single off of her upcoming album Skin & Earth, which is expected to come out this fall. “Giants” transcends the typical radio electro-pop of today by offering more tempo changes and LIGHTS’ dynamic vocal range.

Arguably, the biggest release of the week is Vince Staples’ Big Fish Theory. Staples’ first release since his 2016 mixtape,

Prima Donna, revisits themes similar to Summertime ‘06. “745” is my personal favorite Big Fish Theory, however, the entire album is definitely worth your time. And if you need more convincing, Vince dropped by r/hiphopheads on Reddit and told redditors that they’re weird, but can you blame him when people are asking him if he “would rather fight 100 fish sized lil yatchys on land or one lil yatchy sized fish in the water?

Anyway, below is a list of a few of this week’s newest music. Did I miss anything? Let me know by sending me an email or dropping me a tweet. 

@chuck_greenlee.

cg153314@ohio.edu