Tyler, the Creator prepares for his new album with the release of new singles. (Photo via Flickr Creative Commons user Incase)

New Tune Friday: Tyler, The Creator dropped new music, The All-American Rejects still exist

Alright, I should just admit now that I am a huge Odd Future fan. Tyler, The Creator is releasing his latest album on July 21 and had released a trio of songs to tease Scum F--- Flower Boy, and, with those three songs, SFFB is already on my radar for album of the year. Of the three, “911/Mr. Lonely” is one of the smoothest Tyler songs released to date. As Tyler alludes to Beyonce’s Lemonade with Frank Ocean imitating a bird in the morning, the entire song is near perfection and arguably one of Tyler’s best to date. Plus, the music video he released for “Who Dat Boy” is solid too.

My shameless love for Tyler aside, you may remember a band known as The All-American Rejects. Yeah, remember how they were big in the mid-2000s? Well, they released “Sweat,” which is actually not all that bad. While the song is a clichéd song about sex, it's way better than I could’ve anticipated and made me miss 2006 for half a second.

And Selena Gomez came out with a real solid duo with Gucci Mane. “Fetish” is way better song about intimacy than The All-American Rejects' latest attempt. Along with Selena, Arcade Fire released a new song, “Signs of Life,” that will please any fan of the Montreal indie rockers. Anyway, enjoy what is arguably Tyler’s best work to date and think about what you were doing the last time you listened to The All-American Rejects.

@chuck_greenlee

cg153314@ohio.edu