See who went home this week on Big Brother 19. (Photo via @cbs_bigbrother Instagram) 

TV Recap: Houseguests evict the wrong player on ‘Big Brother 19’

The past week in the land of Big Brother was a crazy ride. With Paul Abrahamian and Alex Ow calling the shots, they said good riddance to two showmances. In the first double eviction of the summer, Cody Nickson was evicted by a vote of 7-0 and his alliance member, Elena Davies, was sent packing by a 6-1 vote.

Sunday

HoH Competition

The Head of Household competition was played tournament style which knocked players out of a bracket as it progressed. Christmas Abbott and Paul were the last two standing. Knowing he would be safe with Christmas in charge, the Big Brother vet threw the win to the rookie to ensure he could compete the following week.

Kevin the cop

For weeks, the house has been on a mission to catch Kevin Schlehuber in some sort of a trap. In a special episode that aired August 18, Big Brother 16 winner Derrick Levasseur stunned the houseguests with a surprise visit. Arguably the best player of all time, Levasseur managed to keep his occupation of a cop a secret and avoided the block the whole season.

During his time in the house, Kevin said he knew Levasseur from back home — which comment made some of the houseguests leery. Alex even created a crazy theory that Kevin is a cop in real life.

When Kevin noticed the tension between himself and his fellow roommates, he confronted the situation and Alex brushed it off as if it was nothing.

Nominations

During the week, the Tree of Temptation appeared in the house as the next twist of the summer. Before nominations, the tree will light up and the first houseguest to make their way in the diary room could pick an apple from the tree. From there, they would receive a blessing or a curse. Mark Jansen was the first to claim an apple and his curse was the ability to save a friend, which he used to save Paul.

As Christmas weighed her options about who would be on the block, she considered Alex or Jason as pawns. Jason volunteered and was nominated alongside Matt Clines.

Wednesday

Paul’s plan

As the week went on, Mark knew he was the target. Christmas was okay with this, and she was fine with Jason going home. Paul made a final three deal with Christmas and Josh Martinez. He thinks he will be able to beat them in the final competition and have the jury votes to win.

The Power of Veto Competition

The Slip ‘n’ Slide competition made houseguests go back and forth in an attempt to fill a giant fishbowl with liquid. Most of the house guests start to fall and realized they had no chance of winning.

Jason and Paul were in the lead but Jason was able to unlock the big scoop and gain a massive head over Paul. Jason won the PoV and nothing else mattered because Mark knew he was being backdoored.

Nominations

Before nominations Mark campaigned hard to try to get everyone to see that Alex was the bigger target and the better competitor. His work fell short and replaced Jason on the block.

Thursday

A last-ditch effort

Mark continued to campaign for safety hoping people would see Matt as the bigger target. While that happened, Matt and Raven Walton decided they want to play the game and target Jason and Alex. Paul’s plan is to sit back the rest of the season and allow both couples to target each other.

Live vote and eviction

Julie Chen greeted the houseguests and started the live vote and eviction. Matt’s speech was silly and mentioned nothing important. Mark’s speech was a thank you to the houseguests for a great summer.

By a vote of 4-2, Mark was evicted from the Big Brother house. During his exit interview with Chen, he admitted he played a poor game and holds no animosity towards anyone in the house.

Next week, a new Head of Household will be crowned and the Tree of Temptation could change the game. The Power of Veto is still in play and could pull someone off the block and change the plans for the next eviction.

Big Brother airs Sundays and Wednesdays at 8 p.m and Thursdays at 9 p.m on CBS.

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu