Cassidy Greenwood, a sophomore studying pre-nursing does a keg stand at Mill Fest in 2016. (FILE)

Ohio University earns ranking on three Princeton Review lists, still not a top-20 party school

Ohio University may not be a party school anymore according to the Princeton Review, but it stood out in a few other ways in 2018.

The 2018 Princeton Review was released Monday, and while OU didn’t make it on the top 20 party schools list, it did make its way to the Financial Aid Not So Great, Least Accessible Professors and Professors Get Low Marks lists. It also ranked in The Best 382 Colleges, Best Midwestern as well as Green Colleges, but those lists are not ranked in any specific order.

2018 marks the second year in a row OU did not appear on the top 20 party schools list. The university came in 16th place in 2016, and The Princeton Review ranked OU as the top party school in 2011 and third in 2012. Despite the fall in rankings, students last year said they still thought of OU as a party school, according to a previous Post report.

“We’ve taken a deliberate approach with the Office for Student Affairs and others on campus, including our city partners, to establish a safe environment for students to grow intellectually and socially,” Dan Pittman, spokesman for the university, said in the previous Post report.

For the 2018 year, OU was found in 11th place on Financial Aid Not So Great, eighth on Least Accessible Professors and fourth on Professors Get Low Marks.

OU was also on the Financial Aid Not So Great list for 2017, where it ranked sixth. Additionally, the university ranked 10th in 2017 for best athletic facilities, a list OU did not appear on for the 2018 Princeton Review.

The 2018 edition is The Princeton Review’s 26th edition and includes 62 lists. 

The Princeton Review surveyed 137,000 students from across the country to determine which college has “the best food, best career services, happiest students, and more,” according to its website.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu