Rachel Lindsay found her forever love on The Bachelorette. (via The Bachelorette on Instagram)

Rachel Lindsay picks her fiancé in the most unconventional way on ‘The Bachelorette’

Rachel Lindsay has taken on her season of The Bachelorette in her own way, and giving out the final rose was no different.

Bryan got down on one knee and proposed after Rachel gave him the final rose, but he didn’t have to sit through an agonizing rose ceremony to do it. Rachel and the other finalist, Peter, broke up at the end of their last date together the night before the scheduled ceremony.

“I can do nothing but wish you the very best,” Peter said. “If you change your mind you know where to find me.”

Their breakup was confusing, as the couple was crying and kissing at the same time. Rachel even uttered those three little words to her boyfriend before she left. It wasn’t until Peter was brought out in the live show that it was clear he was gone for good and Bryan was the winner. Even host Chris Harrison acknowledged their kind-of breakup on the show. Check out what fans had to say on Twitter about the split.

Bryan was obviously over-the-moon when he discovered he was the final pick, but he has remained confident all season. Rachel professed her love and sureness of their future to him, and he was basically jumping up and down.

“You are so easy and effortless to love,” Bryan said. “I feel so blessed.”

Whether you were Team Peter or Team Bryan, all members of Bachelor Nation can agree Rachel made this season 100 times better than Nick Viall did last season. And he’s probably still kicking himself for letting her go.

@_alexdarus

ad019914@ohio.edu