Liz Backo

From the Editor's Desk: Check 'The Post' out on various platforms.

At The Post, we hope to make it as easy as possible for people to read and interact with the content we’re producing every day. 

Every Thursday afternoon from 1 to 1:30 p.m., Post staffers will be at Alumni Gateway passing out The Post. We will be handing out our latest issue. This past week, staffers passed out dozens of copies of the Nellis Edition. It is a great experience when readers give us feedback as they pick up The Post. 

But that’s not the only way people interact with The Post. If The Post isn’t being put directly in your hand, you might seek it out at newsstands on campus and Uptown. Baker Center and Alden Library always have a few copies. 

If you can’t find a newsstand close by but are curious about print edition, we have an Issuu account where we have all of our print editions from last year and this year together online. 

But readers are not limited to content just once per week. We update our website every day with new content — a lot of which is not found in the weekly tabloid. 

When searching through our website, you can find multimedia projects as well as blog posts about national issues and trends. The Post’s website also has a few special projects that have been coded by staffers. For example, our Nellis edition, Welcome Back edition and Orientation Guide had landing pages for all the content. 

Our daily newsletter, Post Haste, is also another option for interacting with Post content. The newsletter officially launched about two years ago, and people can get it in their inboxes every morning. It also is featured at the top of our website. In the newsletter, you can find The Post’s top stories, national headlines, the weather forecast, sports scores and more. 

And finally, The Post utilizes social media accounts to distribute content. Our Facebook and Twitter accounts are updated every day. It’s particularly useful during breaking news situations or when Post staffers are doing coverage. For example, on Halloween staffers will be all over the city tweeting about the music Court Street and any other shenanigans they see. That also will be the case for fest season in the spring. 

If you want to tailor your timeline to your interests, The Post has accounts for each staff, include @ThePostSports, @ThePostCulture and more.  

If you’re more interested in seeing some of our best photos, we also have an Instagram account run by members of our photo staff that is updated frequently as well. 

We hope that however you choose to read The Post that it is as easy as possible.

Elizabeth Backo is a senior studying journalism and the editor-in-chief of The Post. How do you read The Post? Email her at eb823313@ohio.edu or send her a tweet at @liz_backo