Weekender Briefs: Dance to the finest Latin tunes at The Union; Little Fish Brewing Company will host morning yoga

Friday 

Fiesta Latina 9 p.m. at The Union Bar & Grill, 18 W. Union St. Dance the night away with the finest Latin music including reggaeton, salsa, merengue and more. Admission is $3 for under 21 and free for 21 and over.  

Madness 11 p.m. at Kantner Hall, 19 College St. Midnight Madness is a part of the MFA Playwriting Program. Enjoy an hour of delight, intensity and surprise. Admission is free and open to the public. If you plan to attend, program directors recommend you check for tickets in the Kantner lobby an hour in advance to increase the likelihood of getting a seat. 

Saturday 

Athens Farmers Market 9 a.m. at 1000 E. State St. Enjoy live music and all things local with more than 100 market vendors offering fruits, vegetables, cheeses and more. 

Bob Stewart Band 8 p.m. at Donkey Coffee, 17 W. Washington St. Come listen to The Bob Stewart Band, including guitar, vocals, bass, harmonica and drums, and enjoy a coffee. According to the coffeehouse, admission may be $3 or $5. 

Front Porch Lights and The Awful Kind 9 p.m. at The Union Bar & Grill, 18 W. Union St. Sing along with the members of Front Porch Lights and The Awful Kind during this late night event. According to The Union, admission is $5. 

Us, Today and Doxcity 10 p.m. at Casa Nueva, 6 W. State St. Rock out with Us, Today, a trio of drums, guitar and keyboard based out of Cincinnati, and Doxcity, a hip-hip group. Us, Today's music is best described as an avant-garde post-rock with a heavy emphasis on experimentation. Admission is $5.  

Sunday

Little Fish Yoga 11 a.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Enjoy a relaxing morning of yoga with instructor Lydia McCall. All skill levels are welcome, but you are asked to bring your own mat. Stick around after to enjoy a brew and socialize with others. Admission is free.

Eternal Weekend Trial - Legacy Tournament 11 a.m. at The Wizard’s Guild, 19 W. Washington St. The winner of this event will receive a round bye at the Legacy Championships at Eternal Weekend 2017 in Pittsburgh. Decklists are required. There is a $25 entry fee. 

Gimme Shelter 7 p.m. at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St. During The Rolling Stones’ 1969 tour, documentarians David and Albert Maysles filmed a rowdy crowd of 300,000 people coming to blows with the Hell’s Angels. Featuring The Rolling Stones, Ike and Tina Turner, Jefferson Airplane and The Flying Burrito Brothers. Admission is $5. 

Jazz Faculty 8 p.m. at Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St. End your Sunday night with some smooth jazz music performed by the School of Music’s jazz faculty. Seating is first come, first serve and admission is free. 

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu