Today is Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. Here’s what you need to know today:

News from The Post:

Marijuana might soon become legalized in Ohio. (The Post)

Athens County sees lowest voter turnout of last four years. (The Post

OU Sparkle Effect cheers while educating people about people with disabilities. (The Post)

Good morning,

Get ready to binge on fries and burgers because it’s National Fast Food Day. 

The term “fast food” was first recognized by Merriam-Webster in 1951 and its popularity has only grown all throughout the world. Fast food is generally defined as meals that can be quickly prepared and served and customers can then have a quick dine-in, take-out or use a restaurant’s drive-thru to take-away their meals.

The fast food industry in the U.S. is worth approximately $198.9 billion. Currently, Subway is the largest fast food chain with more than 44,000 restaurants globally, followed by McDonald’s with more than 36,000 restaurants. So indulge today in an extra large fry and a shake — it’s a holiday! 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here

Athens Weather

Wear a thicker coat because it’ll be a cloudy windy day with a high of 47 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times.

Women’s basketball plays Notre Dame at 11 a.m. today. 

You might also want to know…

Servers for Google Docs were down for an hour yesterday, affecting users around the world (The Verge)

Teaser trailer for Deadpool 2 invites viewers to a Bob Ross-style painting lession. (Variety)

Drake took a stand against sexual assault and called out an alleged case during his show.  (Teen Vogue)

Cards Against Humanity is kicking off a campaign against Donald Trump. (Washington Post)

@summerinmae

my389715@ohio.edu