Two Ohio House Representatives and the Ohio Senate Democrats’ chief of staff have resigned following separate allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior. 

On Wednesday, first-term Republican Wes Goodman, an Ohio State Representative from Cardington, resigned after allegations of inappropriate behavior, according to a report by The New York Times.

"We all bring our own struggles and our own trials into public life," Goodman said in a statement. "That has been true for me, and I sincerely regret that my actions and choices have kept me from serving my constituents and our state in a way that reflects the best ideals of public service. For those whom I have let down, I'm sorry."

The details of Goodman’s “inappropriate behavior” were not immediately clear.

Goodman isn’t the first Ohio lawmaker to resign recently. According to a report by cleveland.com, Ohio State Senator Cliff Hite, also a Republican, resigned on Oct. 17 and later admitted in a tweet to “inappropriate conduct” after he was accused of sexual harassment. 

Hite repeatedly hugged and propositioned a female state employee for sex, according to the cleveland.com report. 

In his statement, Hite admitted to sexually harassing the state worker, saying he "sometimes asked for hugs and talked with her in a way that was not appropriate for a married man, father, and grandfather like myself."

Additionally, the Ohio Senate Democrats’ Chief of Staff Michael Premo resigned on Monday following  allegations of “inappropriate behavior.”

"Recently, concerns of inappropriate conduct toward staff came to my attention and I found the information to be credible," Senate Minority Leader Kenny Yuko, a Democrat, told cleveland.com. "Therefore, at my request, Mike Premo today submitted his resignation as minority chief of staff."

Yuko wouldn’t elaborate further to the cleveland.com about the allegations, and Premo did not return a phone call.

@leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu