Today is Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017.  Here’s what you need to know. 

News from The Post:

Check out our annual Post Picks issue. (The Post

Here’s how people celebrate the holidays in Athens. (The Post

Check out these 7 video games to play during winter break. (The Post

Good Morning, 

Although Snapchat stories and Instagram videos are the next big thing, there was one app that took the world of social media by storm — Vine. After about three years of users creating outrageously funny clips, viral videos and popular music remakes, Vine announced that Twitter would be discontinuing the mobile app. One year after its demise, the favored video making app may be coming back. Last week, the founder of Vine tweeted that he was working on a follow-up to the original app and was funding it himself as an outside project so it did not interfere with exciting work his company is currently working on. On Dec. 6, he tweeted a simple photo that said “V2” with the app’s original font and color. Could this mean the desired service fans know and love is officially back? We’ll have to wait and see. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather 

Thursday will be mostly clear with a 20 percent chance of rain. High 41 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times 

Women’s basketball lost to Cleveland State 71-64. (The Post

Ohio will face Maryland at 8 PM in College Park, Maryland tomorrow night. The Bobcats might return forward Jason Carter from injury as well. (The Post

You might also want to know… 

Time Person of The Year was announced yesterday. (Time)

California suffers from destructive wildfires. (Huffington Post

Colin Kaepernick presented with Sports Illustrated's Muhammad Ali Legacy Award (Sports Illustrated

@jprintup1

jp583215@ohio.edu