The Athens Police Department on College Street in Athens, Ohio on Sept. 18, 2017.

Police Blotter: Person with no pants on reported running in front of snow plow; pig runs loose

While some people put on more clothing to deal with the cold temperatures, others are reportedly wearing less. 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to State Route 13 in Chauncey for an incident report Jan. 13.

Ohio Department of Transportation called and said a person had run in front of the snow plow with no pants on. 

Deputies patrolled the area and found no pantless person in the area. They determined the call was unfounded. 

Officer knockdown

The Athens Police Department arrested a woman Jan. 7 for disorderly conduct by intoxication. 

Once in custody, the woman became aggressive and kicked multiple officers, according to an APD report. 

Officers transported her to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, and she appeared in Athens County Municipal Court on Jan. 8. 

Pig gone wild 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call to the area of Porter Lane for a report of an abandoned pig running loose in the area Jan. 6, according to a sheriff’s report.

Because temperatures were extreme and no one could locate the owner of the pig, a “compassionate party” captured it and transported it to a local shelter to be cared for until further arrangements could be made. 

Mystery man

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to New Marshfield Road on Jan. 9 for a report of a male lying along the road in the snow. 

No such male was located.

“No further action needed,” a sheriff’s report stated.

Reckless doughnuts 

On Jan. 16, deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to The Plains for a reported reckless driver doing doughnuts in the snow. 

Deputies spoke to the driver and the issue was resolved, according to a sheriff’s report.

The sleeping boyfriend

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from Vore Ridge Road on Jan. 14 for a property dispute. 

The caller said she was breaking up with her boyfriend and he would not give her certain items that she claimed belonged to her, according to a sheriff’s report.

When deputies arrived at the scene, the caller told them her boyfriend was asleep.

She said she would deal with the problem herself in the morning when he woke up and requested no additional assistance from the sheriff’s office. The deputies took no further action.

Face-first

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office were called to The Plains on Jan. 12 for a report of an intoxicated male.

An intoxicated male subject had fallen face-first into gravel attempting to get out of a motor vehicle, according to a sheriff’s report. Upon arrival, deputies and ACEMS were able to get the male subject inside of the ambulance. He was transported to OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital for medical evaluation and treatment. 

an614816@ohio.edu

AshtonNichols_