Today is Chinese New Year; OU received another sexual harassment complaint against ex-professor Andrew Escobedo

Today is Friday, Feb. 16, 2018. Here’s what you need to know today:

News from The Post:

Former English professor Andrew Escobedo was accused of additional sexual harassment. (The Post) 

White audiences should focus on the messages of Black Panther. (The Post)

President Donald Trump’s 2019 fiscal budget could cut nearly $4 billion in annual funding for student aid programs. (The Post)

Good morning,

Today is Chinese Lunar New Year, which celebrates the Year of the Dog. According to legend, the Jade Emperor, or the emperor in heaven, announced that he would designate animals for the zodiac signs and the first 12 would be selected. The animals raced and played tricks on each other, placing the dog as 11th. 

One-fourth of the world’s population celebrates Chinese New Year. People at Ohio University celebrated the Lunar New Year on Sunday in Baker Ballroom with music and food. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather

Grab your umbrella today. It will be cloudy with a 90 percent chance of morning rain. The high will be 50 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Ohio Softball will play five games this weekend, including Virginia and UNC-Greensboro on Friday, Lipscomb and Massachusetts on Saturday and Jacksonville State on Sunday. (The Post)

Ohio Hockey will play Iowa State on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. for its final series in the regular season. (The Post)

Ohio Baseball will play Rider in Lexington, South Carolina, four times this weekend.

Women’s Track & Field will compete at the Buckeye Tune-Up on Friday.

You might also want to know…

The Senate blocked three immigration plans Thursday, leaving “Dreamers” in limbo. (The New York Times)

A former homeless man handed out flowers on Valentine’s Day to make people happy. (Mashable)

A snowboarder broke his neck Thursday after a horrific crash at the Winter Olympics. (People)

@juIaphant

je827416@ohio.edu