Duane Nellis speaks before the 2017 Interfaith Walk in front of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd on University Terrace (Blake Nissen | Photo Editor)

Here’s who is serving on the new Ohio Honors Task Force

Ohio University President Duane Nellis announced Thursday the creation of the Ohio Honors Task Force. 

Interim Dean of the Honors Tutorial College Cary Frith will lead the task force, which includes 22 other faculty and administration members, according to a university news release. The task force held its first meeting Thursday.

“It is my intent that the Ohio Honors Program will strengthen a university-wide academic culture that celebrates interdisciplinary and experiential learning in its wide range of forms,” Nellis said at the meeting, according to a university news release. “This must be part of today’s Ohio University experience.”

Nellis hopes the program will increase enrollment at the university and improve its national academic rankings. He wants to complement the Honors Tutorial College with a broader honors program of about 1,000 students, according to a previous Post report

The creation of the task force is the first step toward completing the “strategic pathways and priorities” Nellis outlined in his inaugural address. 

“Part of enhancing our student’s academic experience is a recognition of the state of the art learning paradigms that engage students in new ways and across multiple disciplines of study,” Nellis said in his inauguration address.

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu