The exterior of 24-7 Dreams, 13 W. Union St.

New clothing store coming to West Union Street

Mose Denton is pursuing his dreams. 

24-7 Dreams, West Union Street’s newest store, will open at 13 W. Union St. in the first few weeks of April. 

Denton said he graduated with a health services degree from Ohio University in 2013. That same year he started his "lifestyle brand," 24-7 Dreams.

“I came back to Athens and got a UPS job then quit that after a year,” Denton said. “Then I really started getting into 24-7 Dreams. I bought screen printing equipment. … I was printing for about a year and doing online sales. I taught myself photography and videography and started doing that around the States.”

He then began renting a space on Palmer Street and Stimson Avenue that hosted events under the name The Venue of Drxvms, Denton said. 

“I did that about a year and a half, but then the city came and shut me down because I was doing parties and events in the back,” Denton said. “The city shut me down because I needed sprinkler systems and more restrooms. I ended up leaving that space, and then I got this space.”

Denton is from Los Angeles and said he has wanted have a brand his entire life. He said his brand is a “lifestyle brand" that focuses on helping people to pursue their dreams in life. 

“I decided to go after my second dream, which was building a culture founded on philosophy and manifested one’s dreams to reality,” Denton said. 

He said he wanted to open his first store in Athens because of a lack of men’s clothing stores. Denton said he also saw an opportunity to someday provide internships to students through his brand. 

“Every year, there’s a new group of kids that come here,” Denton said. “In 10 years, I expect this place to be a top place here in town for students to work for and intern with. I see this expanding to other major colleges like this in the States.” 

Tristan Klinebriel, a junior studying Russian language entrepreneurship, is an employee of Denton's. 

“He invited me over to the store and showed me the store, and we stayed in touch and I ended up helping him open this,” Klinebriel said. “For me, I helped him do it because I’m doing entrepreneurial stuff in my degree, and it's a good experience thing. I really like doing tobacco stuff, too. That was a big part of it.” 

Trentyn Lewis, a freshman studying political science, said he would be interested in shopping from the store’s website but probably wouldn’t go to the store itself. 

“I feel like everybody shops online,” Lewis said.

Denton said the hours of the store are not concrete yet, but he thinks it will be open from noon to 10 p.m. 

Denton said he wanted to make the prices affordable for college students. Hats range from $20 to $35 and hoodies from $40 to $60. He said he also sells sweatpants, backpacks and more. 

The store also has a walk-up window, where Denton said he will be selling tobacco products until 3 a.m. The walk-up window opened Friday. 

@AshtonNichols_

an614816@ohio.edu