Athens Uncorked has paired wines with Girl Scout Cookies; check out the women's issue of 'The Post'

Today is Thursday, March 8, 2018. Here’s what you need to know. 

News from The Post:

Check out The Post’s coverage of Green Beer Day. (The Post)

Fifty years ago, women at OU had a host of etiquette rules they were required to follow. (The Post)

Learn about three trailblazing female entrepreneurs in Athens. (The Post)

Read all the stories from The Post’s women’s issue here.

Good Morning,

If you’ve picked up a box of Tagalongs from the Girl Scouts tabling at the top of Baker Center this week and wondered what wine would pair with them, Athens Uncorked has you covered.

The wine bar, located at 14 Station St., is serving pairings of Girl Scout cookies and wines this week while supplies last.

This week’s Post Haste is sponsored by the Women’s Center. Click here for additional details about the Women’s Mentoring Program. For questions about advertising with The Post, contact postadvertising@ohio.edu. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather 

Don’t pack your winter coat away just yet — today will be mostly cloudy with a high of 36 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times 

Ohio’s women’s basketball team fell to Miami 69-66 in the quarterfinals of the Mid-American Conference Tournament on Wednesday afternoon. (The Post)

You might also want to know:

President Donald Trump is expected to sign tariffs on steel and aluminum into law today, though the White House is open to exceptions for close allies, including Canada and Mexico. (The New York Times)

Michael B. Jordan has replaced a teen’s retainer after she bit through it when seeing him shirtless in Black Panther. (The A.V. Club)

George R.R. Martin — the author of the book series Game of Thrones — is pausing his blog to focus on work. The series’ sixth book, The Winds of Winter, has been repeatedly delayed, and Game of Thrones has surpassed its source material. (Polygon)

@alexrmccann

am622914@ohio.edu