OU President Duane Nellis (right) and interim Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs speak at the Faculty Senate meeting on Feb. 5. (FILE)

Here are the four finalists for executive vice president and provost

Wednesday morning, President Duane Nellis announced the search committee's four finalists for Ohio University’s executive vice president and provost. 

Next week, the candidates will be on campus to meet students, faculty and staff during an open forum. Those interviews will help determine the upcoming appointment and will take place in the next two weeks at Baker Center and Walter Rotunda. 

Chaden Djalali will be on campus March 26 for an open forum at 4 p.m. in Baker Center Theater. Djalali is the Alumni Association Dean’s Chair at the University of Iowa. 

He has been with the University of Iowa since 2012 and is a professor of physics and astronomy as well as the dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. 

The University of Iowa’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the “most comprehensive” college of arts and sciences in the Big Ten, according to Djalali’s resume. 

Constance Relihan will field questions at an open forum April 2 at 3 p.m. in Baker University Center Ballroom A. 

She has served as the associate provost of Undergraduate Studies at Auburn University since 2011 and she has been the director of University College since 2015. 

Relihan also served as interim director of the Honors College at Auburn University from 2012 to 2013. 

One of her responsibilities as associate provost for Undergraduate Studies is to oversee a budget of more than $5.7 million, which supports a range of undergraduate programs including research and academic support, according to her resume.  

Hesham El-Rewini be in Athens to meet the OU community April 4 at 3 p.m. in Walter Rotunda. He has been the senior vice provost at the University of North Dakota since 2017.

Since 2008, he has also served as a professor and the dean of the College of Engineering and Mines at the university, according to his resume. He is an adjunct faculty member for that college with a background in computer science and engineering.

Bernard A. Mair will answer questions from OU faculty, students and staff April 6 at 3 p.m. in Walter Rotunda. 

He has been the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Howard University since 2015. 

Mair has also served as a professor of mathematics at Howard University since 2015, and he has a history of chairing committees at the university level, according to his resume. Most recently, he served as chair of the search committee for vice president for research at Howard University this academic year. 

@sarahmpenix

sp936115@ohio.edu