Goodwill to offer free home pickups during move out; it's Scripps College's 50th anniversary

Today is Monday, April 16, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

News from The Post:

An explosion in the 100 block of West Union Street left one man injured on Sunday evening. (The Post)

This year is Scripps College's 50th anniversary. (The Post)

Ohio University's Quidditch Club played in the national tournament in Texas over the weekend. (The Post)

Good morning,

Goodwill will offer free home pickups from May 2-8, during the week of finals. The company will accept furniture, clothes and other household items. To schedule your pickup, call 740-592-4105. Before pickups, make sure your items are ready to be loaded during the scheduled pickup time to prevent delays.

The company will also be moving locations starting today until its new store opens. Therefore, any donations can be dropped off at the donation center on Columbus Rd. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Today will be cloudy with a 20 percent chance of isolated snow flurries. The high will be 46 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Softball shut out Akron 12-0 on Saturday afternoon. (The Post)

Men's golf finished last in its final tournament before the Mid-American Conference Championships. (The Post)

You might also want to know …

Learn about President Donald Trump’s decision to bomb Syria. (The Washington Post)

A winter storm is expected to hit about 2/3 of the nation. (USA Today)

207 million eggs were recalled in nine states, including West Virginia and Pennsylvania but not Ohio, due to salmonella. (CNN)

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu