Owen Hunt and Teddy Altman briefly got together on 'Grey's Anatomy.' (via @GreysABC on Twitter).

TV Recap: Owen and Teddy finally got together on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’

Grey’s Anatomy had what could’ve been its shortest relationship in the show’s 14 seasons.

In Thursday’s episode, Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd) flew to Germany to see cardiothoracic surgeon Teddy Altman (Kim Raver). The two have always had eyes for each other, but it was never the right time, especially because Owen was always in another relationship. 

When Owen showed up at Teddy’s door, she instantly knew something was up because he would normally call if he wanted to talk. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore and asked why he was there.

“Amelia and I are done,” he said. “So for the first time, you and me, there is nothing standing in our way.”

The two re-lived their favorite moments together and had plenty of steamy sex. They even talked about who would move where. For a second, it appeared Teddy would be coming back to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital — until she found out Owen’s ex-wife Amelia Shepherd (Caterina Scorsone) is the one who convinced him to see her. 

That obviously didn’t settle well with Teddy. She wanted him to come because he wanted her, not because someone told him to. She called him out for moving from woman to woman, and that the only reason he went to her is because he didn’t have anyone else. She is absolutely right, too. He married Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) twice because he didn’t want to be alone. 

“You came here because your marriage is over, and you’re terrified of being alone,” Teddy said.

And all of this happened in 24 hours. Grey’s fans had mixed feelings about the long-awaited coupling and sudden breakup.

Here’s how people reacted on Twitter:

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu