Alex Karev and Jo Wilson finally got married in the season finale of 'Grey's Anatomy.' (via @JChambersOnline on Twitter)

TV Recap: Two couples got married on ‘Grey’s Anatomy'

The Jolex wedding everyone was waiting for finally happened in Thursday’s season finale of Grey’s Anatomy, but another couple also got married.

April Kepner (Sarah Drew) and Matthew Taylor (Justin Bruening) tied the knot after Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) and Jo Wilson (Camilla Luddington)’s ceremony didn’t go as planned. 

April was deemed the wedding organizer for Jolex’s big day, but when half of the people, including the minister, got lost on the way to the island where it took place, it was clear the wedding wouldn’t happen according to plan. 

But that’s OK because Alex and Jo are not traditionalists. Instead of getting married where April had planned, Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) got ordained online and married the couple on a ferry, which is very fitting considering Derek’s (Patrick Dempsey) favorite part about Seattle was the ferry boats.

“If you two can take this day and turn it into lemonade, then you can do anything,” Meredith said.

April stayed behind at the venue to clean up the mess, and her beau and ex-fiancé Matthew decided to help her. The two have been dating in the show and even survived a car crash together. Matthew took the opportunity to get down on one knee and propose. Right as he was doing so, the minister came in and they got married. It was a fitting way to say goodbye to April

Here’s how the fans reacted to the weddings on Twitter:

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu