Police Blotter: Man loses friends and clothes after a night out; kittens create traffic hazard

Mornings after a night of going out can sometimes be rough. 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office and the Glouster Police Department responded to a report about a suspicious male walking on a roadway in Glouster on May 14. 

According to the report, the man was only wearing underwear when officers approached him. The man said he was out drinking with his friends the night before, and lost his clothes and friends. He was on his way home in Trimble.

The man was given a ride back home. 

Where’s the money?

On May 27, deputies took a report of a suspicious man at the Pot-of-Gold casino in The Plains.

The clerk said a man was asking several questions about the casino’s payouts and how much money they keep on hand. The man was at the casino the previous week asking similar questions, according to the report.

Deputies took photographs of the man and his vehicle as he drove away.

Tractor Trouble

Deputies responded to a report of a man who was attempting to hit a car with a large tractor on Llewellyn Road on May 17.

When deputies arrived, they spoke to the man on the tractor who denied the allegation. They also spoke to the property owner who said the man had been doing work on the driveway and was allowed to be there. 

With conflicting stories, deputies separated them for the remainder of the evening, according to the report.

Ding Dong Ditchers

On May 28, the sheriff’s office received a call from a woman on Radford Road about someone ringing her doorbell multiple times and then leaving. 

Shortly after arriving, deputies received a call about some juveniles in the area. According to the report, they advised the woman to call back if further incidents occurred. 

Why did the kittens cross the road?

Deputies responded to a call about a litter of abandoned kittens on Route 33 near Movies 10 on May 27.

The caller said the kittens were attempting to cross the street and creating a traffic hazard, according to the report.

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to locate the kittens.

Trying to text

The sheriff’s office and EMS responded to a call about a possible overdose on Elliotsville Road on May 22.

According to the report, the man was found to be fine, and he was sitting in his car texting. No further action was taken.

Broke-to-be

Deputies responded to a woman on Fossil Rock Road who said she was being scammed out of $1,200 by a man she met online on May 18. 

According to the report, the woman said had sent the money to the man, who lives in Afghanistan and was getting in engaged to.

@juIaphant 

je827416@ohio.edu