Ohio freshman forward Alexis Stover (#5) drives to the basket in the first half of the Bobcats' 93-37 win over Notre Dame College on November 16.

Women's basketball: Off-season notebook as Ohio hires new assistant coach, Alexis Stover transfers

The summer is in full swing with the Fourth of July approaching. As the summer rolls along, here is an off-season notebook of what’s happened for Ohio in June. 

Alexis Stover Transfers to Wright State

Ohio forward Alexis Stover will transfer to Wright State next season, the Ohio Athletic Department confirmed to The Post on Monday.

Stover, who was a freshman last season, will not be eligible to play in the 2018-19 season because of NCAA transfer rules. She will be eligible to play in the 2019-20 season. 

Last season, Stover played in 27 games and averaged 10.4 minutes per game. She scored a career-high 12 points in the Bobcats’ 77-71 win in December against Purdue. 

Along with that, Stover was one of the Bobcats’ best defenders off the bench. 

Wright State finished 23-11 last season and was 12-6 in the Horizon League. The Raiders lost to Green Bay in the Horizon League Tournament finals. After losing to Green Bay, Wright State lost to Toledo in the WNIT. 

Ohio hires assistant coach Steph Haas

On June 1, coach Bob Boldon announced the hiring of Steph Haas, who will be the Bobcats’ newest assistant coach, replacing Mary Evans, who took the head coaching position at Valparaiso. Haas has been a video coordinator at Florida Gulf Coast for the last two seasons.

She played for Florida Gulf Coast from 2012-2016, averaging 8.2 points per game on 43.8 percent shooting during her career. She ranks in the top 10 on the Eagles’ all-time leading scorers list with 1,138 points.

With Haas playing and working for coach Karl Smesko, she knows what Ohio wants to do on both ends of the floor. Boldon was an assistant coach for Smesko at Walsh in the late 1990s, and the two also worked together at Florida Gulf Coast in the 2009-10 season. 

@CameronFields_

cf710614@ohio.edu