After clinching the Mid-American Conference East Division crown more than a week ago, Ohio found out on Friday who its opponent will be in the MAC Championship game on Dec. 2 at Ford Field in Detroit.

With an 18-12 victory over Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois won the MAC West and will face Ohio (9-3, 6-2) for all the MAC marbles. 

The Huskies (9-3, 7-1) held off a late Eastern Michigan rally in order to preserve the win. 

Ohio is 9-9 all-time against the Huskies and has not lost to Northern Illinois since 2003. Coach Frank Solich is 2-0 against them in his time at Ohio.The Bobcats have won five of their last six against NIU. 

The Huskies are led by senior quarterback Chandler Harnish, who threw for 22 touchdowns and only four interceptions during the regular season.

Harnish is a semi-finalist for the Walter Camp Award, which is awarded to College Football's best player. 

Northern Illinois also boasts the nation's eighth-best rushing attack, and is in the top ten in the country in total points scored.

The Huskies' defense, however, has struggled at times, and ranks 101st in the country in points allowed. 

Meanwhile, Ohio ranks 37th in points for, and 34th in points against. 

The Huskies' three losses came against Kansas, Wisconsin and Central Michigan. 

This is Northern Illinois' second-consecutive MAC West title. Last season the Huskies fell to Miami in the championship game. 

The Bobcats are still in search of their first MAC Championship game win. They last played in the game in 2009, losing to Central Michigan.