Nelsonville-York’s home game against Crooksville, scheduled for tonight, has been postponed. Because the match-up is not a conference game, it might not be made up, according to Power 105.

Even though the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes are members of the TVC-Ohio, and the Crooksville Ceramics are members of the Muskingum Valley League, the game still holds importance.

Both teams are part of the Division 3 Athens sectional, meaning they will be grouped together during the sectional tournament of the OHSAA state playoffs. The winner of the game would automatically receive a higher seeding for the sectional tournament, a difference that could mean playing at home or on the road come tournament time.

The sectional tournament seeding meeting, done by coaches of teams in the sectional, takes place in early February.

Tonight’s cancellation is the third in eight days for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes were scheduled to host the Wellston Rockets on Jan. 13. The make-up meeting is scheduled to take place this Tuesday at Nelsonville-York.

The Buckeyes were also slated for an away game Friday night at Vinton County, but it too was cancelled due to predictions of inclement weather. It has been rescheduled for Feb. 14 at Vinton County.

nc606411@ohiou.edu