Ohio received 724 polls to remain in fifth place in the latest American Collegiate Hockey Association rankings released on Friday, the third-straight time the Bobcats have been placed fifth in the poll.

In all nine of the ten positions in the top-10 remained the same, with the only change coming from Robert Morris leapfrogging Illinois into the ninth position.

This is the first time the poll has been released since Dec. 16, and Ohio has gone 3-0-1 in that time, taking wins over the 12th-ranked Fighting Illini and 9th-ranked RMU. Ohio’s Central States Collegiate Hockey League rivals Lindenwood remained in fourth with 772 points, including one 1st-place vote. The Bobcats will face the Lions in a key two-game series starting tonight.

Penn State remained atop the polls for the fifth-straight time, receiving 851 points, including 17 1st-place votes. However, the Icers have some company at the top in the form of Delaware, who sit just two points behind and received 18 1st-place tallies. The two squads split a series earlier in the season.

Arizona State, a team that beat the Bobcats twice back in December, comfortably remain in the 3rd position with 813 points and three 1st-place votes. The Sun Devils will face a stern test this weekend as they travel east for three games against 8th-ranked Oklahoma and 15th-ranked Central Oklahoma.

The poll will be released next in two weeks on Feb 3, and then again two weeks later on Feb. 17. The top 20 teams in that latter ranking will qualify for March’s ACHA national tournament.

cd211209@ohiou.edu