A few short weeks after being hired as the new head hockey coach at Ohio University, Sean Hogan has finished putting together the group of men that will stand beside him in instructing this continuously-rising power.

David Nies, Kyle Shussler and Ian Smith were chosen by Hogan on Monday to take on various roles within the Bobcat hockey community, a trio whose respective resumes should lead to fans welcoming them with open arms.

Nies, Hogan's first assistant, will be given the responsibility of coaching the young forwards that will lead the Bobcats onto the ice in the coming season. Nies has spent the entirety of his collegiate and coaching career with the University of Southern Maine, where he served as a team captain for two years, then assumed the assistant coaching role following his playing years.

Nies will also begin serving as the Commissioner of the Bird Arena Hockey League.

While Nies works on strengthening the offensive attack, Shussler will have his mind turned toward the defensive side of things. Shussler is an alumni of Dartmouth, a Division-1 school for whom he played four seasons of hockey, before moving onto being a teacher, coach and recruiter at the Ontario Hockey Academy. Unlike Nies, Shussler's group of pupils bring a lot of experience into the upcoming season, something that can only help Shussler's joining of the Bobcats.

Finally, Smith, a newly-graduated former goalie for Ohio, has accepted the roles of Director of Hockey Operations and Goaltending Consultant. Smith's familiar presence will be an important piece in keeping this already successful program moving forward, and his experience and knowledge of what has made the Bobcats such a successful team in recent years is not something that can be overstated.

The completion of the coaching staff was the final important piece to the puzzle for Ohio before it attempts to select its roster in August.