Week six of the NFL brought new, and old, faces to fantasy football. 

Week six in the National Football League was a whirlwind of new and old faces performing well.

San Diego Chargers quarterback, Philip Rivers pleased fantasy owners once again this week when he put up 28 fantasy points after he threw for over 500 yards and a pair of touchdowns against Green Bay. The Falcons’ Devonta Freeman, who has 135 fantasy points so far this season, is the leader in fantasy points scored through the opening six weeks of the season.  

Here is the best and worst from week six in the NFL along with some players who could potentially help your fantasy team for week seven.

Three players that performed well in week six were:

Quarterback Matthew Stafford – Detroit: After an unsuccessful start to the season, Stafford had his best performance of the season this past Sunday.  He threw for 405 yards and four touchdowns — good for 33 points — which was the most scored by any player in week six.  Stafford will face a tough test in week seven though when the Lions host the Minnesota Vikings, but after such a strong week six performance, Stafford could have his confidence back.

Running back Chris Ivory – New York Jets: Ivory had another strong performance for the Jets in a week six win against the Washington Redskins. The sixth-year running back accumulated 25 fantasy points this past Sunday when he ran for 146 yards and one touchdown. Ivory has produced back-to-back 20-plus point weeks, and although he might not put up those kind of numbers in week seven against New England, you can expect Ivory to have a respectable outing.

Wide receiver Martavis Bryant — Pittsburgh: After missing the first five weeks of the season, Bryant made his presence known at Heinz Field on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.  Bryant put up an impressive 25 points for fantasy owners this week as he caught six passes for 137 yards and two touchdowns against the Cardinals. With teams gearing up to stop the Steelers top receiver, Antonio Brown, Bryant will get his fair share of targets. 

Three players that performed poorly in week six were:

Quarterback Eli Manning – New York Giants: Manning, for the most part has pleased his fantasy owners so far in the 2015 season. On Monday Night Football, however, Manning had arguably his worst game of the season. The Giants quarterback only managed to put up eight fantasy points against the Eagles as he threw for 189 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. Some weeks you will get the good version of Manning and other weeks you will get to the bad version. Fantasy owners are hoping that in week seven, Manning will put up a better performance against the Dallas Cowboys.

Running back Chris Johnson – Arizona: For the past three weeks Johnson had been on a hot streak, but that streak came to an end against Pittsburgh in week six. Johnson managed just 40 yards rushing and four fantasy points. This down week for Johnson could simply be a fluke, but starting him this week when the Cardinals face the Baltimore Ravens may not be the best idea. If you absolutely have to play Johnson, start him, but if you have a better option, you might want to go with that instead.

Wide receiver Kendall Wright – Tennessee: Wright has struggled the past two weeks since the Titans came off their bye week in week four.  The Titans wide out only scored three fantasy points in week six as he caught four passes for just 34 yards against Miami. With the Titans starting quarterback Marcus Mariota questionable to play Sunday it might be in your best interest to sit Wright if he is on your fantasy team.

Here are a few players you can pick up off the waiver wire that could help your team in week seven:

Tight end Benjamin Watson – New Orleans: Watson had a breakout game in week six against Atlanta when he caught 10 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown catch. The performance by Watson in week six was good for 18 fantasy points. With Saints quarterback Drew Brees lacking a solid number one option, Watson could be his go-to guy this week against the Colts' pass defense, which ranks high in the NFL. Watson is owned in just 4.2 percent of leagues.

Running back James Starks — Green Bay: Many thought Eddie Lacy would be the Packers feature back this season. With Lacy failing to produce at a consistent level, however, it has opened the door for Starks to get touches in the Green Bay backfield. Although the Packers are on a bye this week, Starks could help out your lineup in the following weeks if you are in need of running back help. Starks is owned in just 22.5 percent of leagues.

Wide receiver Stefon Diggs — Minnesota: This rookie wide receiver has put up some stellar numbers the previous two weeks and now seems to have secured a starting role in the Vikings offense for week seven. In weeks five and six, Diggs caught a total of 13 passes for 216 yards. Minnesota faces the Lions in week seven, which could mean another big game for the rookie. Diggs is only owned in 3.2 percent of leagues. 

** Note: all point totals and percentages listed in this article are based off of the totals found on ESPN.com.

@R_DiPaola16

rd340812@ohio.edu