Contestants are condensed as one more person is "out" on Project Runway.

In every episode of Project Runway, Heidi Klum expresses Tim Gunn’s status on the show as a mentor for the designers, and this mentor has a parental meltdown.

This was a client challenge and the clients were all workers from the Project Runway crew. This ranged from a camera assistant to a talent manager and even a model wrangler. Yes, she “wrangles” the models.

The crew members are receiving full hair makeovers from Sally Beauty Supply and will walk the runway in an outfit to match what the client wants.

Kelly makes an interesting point that those individuals have been watching them all season, so they know the designers’ strong qualities and their downfalls. Tim paired the crew members up with the designers as follows:

• Merline — Katie, camera assistant

• Edmond — Desiree, sound mixer

• Kelly —Ashleigh, talent manager

• Swapnil — Jennifer, production coordinator

• Ashley — Nicole, challenge assistant

• Candice — Monique, model wrangler

Katie wanted to be paired with Kelly, but when Tim said she will be working with Merline, Katie’s first reaction, was “Good god.”

This two-day challenge is to turn these clients from ordinary to runway extraordinary. They have freedom to run with any style and any theme.

Candice goes straight for the leather and corset in her look and it’s making me sick. We’re going to have to have Mood hide the leather when they go shopping. There are other materials out there!

Swapnil had a vision in his head that didn’t involve any of his client’s opinions or wishes. She wants day-to-night and he's making her full evening wear.

Edmond is making a raincoat and I'm super pumped about it.

Merline is making a coat even though her client shut that down when they were sketching together.  

Ashley is crying for the majority of the day because she says she has no creativity left and this show is sucking the energy out of her. She’s panicked, but this mopiness has gone on for too long.

Water Crying animated GIF

via giphy.com

The Sally Beauty Hair Salon consultations were so personable. Not one client has the same makeover.

Tim Gunn comes in with the clients to talk about the designs, and Tim grills all of them harshly, so much so that all of them but Kelly redesign their looks.

Swapnil keeps his theme of procrastination to the point where he has no outfit for his client to try on and Tim Gunn just loses it.

Television Fashion animated GIF

via giphy.com

Swapnil’s client does not love what he has so far, which is just a boring top. Tim even asked Swapnil why he’s in this competition, a question he’s never asked anyone on Project Runway before.

After Tim leaves, a mood shifts in the design room. But Tim returns and explains the wake up call and how he believes all six of them can push their boundaries. They are also granted a second fitting on their clients.

It’s runway day and Candice’s design is not OK. It looks cheap.

Kelly was the only one who simplistically took everything her client wanted into consideration and didn’t over complicate designs.  

Swapnil's client is crying, which makes him sad because it’s the third outfit he has made for her and she’s hated all of them.

Nina loves Kelly’s outfit — eggplant overalls — and her client is also crazy about it. Model wrangler Monique likes the outfit Candice made, but the way she says it is as a pity compliment. None of the judges like Edmond's raincoat and dress. They are two separate pieces, not one outfit. With all of the trouble and opinions, Merline’s client looked awesome.

Ashley has too many tears to spare, and the outfit was disproportional, which is shocking because Nicole is a plus-size woman.

All of a sudden, Heidi decides to try and kick off two people instead of one.

RealityTVGIFs animated GIF

via giphy.com

Kelly wins and Ashley and Candice are at the bottom three along with Swapnil.

They end up only having one designer go and it’s Swapnil. Tim sent Swapnil to the workroom to pack his things, but gives Swapnil so much shade he makes no speech about how much he will miss him, which he almost always does with every contestant. Tim understands what hard work is, and Swapnil took advantage for too long.

@mmfernandez_

mf7362132ohio.edu