More superheroes, another cartoon and Zac Efron are all hitting the big screen in May.

With the summer approaching, May offers many great films to watch. The films being released give moviegoers a variety of genres: thriller, action, animation, comedy and fantasy, to name a few. There is a film for everyone. Here are the must-see movies for the month of May.

May 6: Captain America: Civil War In the newest Captain America film, the title character goes against the wishes of another member of the Avengers team, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.). In the Avengers franchise, Iron Man and Captain America (Chris Evans) have been seen arguing, so the fact that the Avengers squad is divided isn’t necessarily surprising. Iron Man will be aided by another Marvel character — Spider Man (Tom Holland).

This new version of Spider-Man will have his own movie franchise coming out next year.

May 13: Money Monster George Clooney stars as Lee Gates, a financial television host. When his show is hijacked by a man seeking revenge (Jack O’Connell), he demands that the shows producer Patty (Julia Roberts) keep the cameras rolling while he holds Gates at gunpoint. If you like thrillers, this film is for you. Showgoers can also anticipate realistic acting from seasoned veterans Clooney and Roberts.

May 20: Angry Birds Movie This film is based off the popular game of the same name. Fans of the game will notice many of the same characters — Red (Jason Sudeikis), Chuck (Josh Gad) and Matilda (Maya Rudolph). Red was seen as different growing up, and he was bullied for it — by the way, that’s why he’s angry. When the pigs invade, all of the birds have to unite to take back their land. This movie is great for older kids to enjoy.  

May 20: Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising Zac Efron and Seth Rogen are back as Teddy Sanders and Mac Radner. When a sorority moves next door to Radner and his wife (Rose Byrne) they enlist the help of Sanders, who is the couple’s former neighbor. Other stars that have roles in the movie include Chloe Grace Moretz, Selena Gomez and Dave Franco. If you like seeing a shirtless Zac Efron — and let’s face it, who doesn’t? — then this is the movie for you. It is a great movie to watch as summer begins.

May 27: Alice Through The Looking Glass Mia Wasikowska returns as Lewis Carroll's popular character, Alice. When Alice is put into a mental institution, she finds a way of escaping to Wonderland through a mirror. Waiting on the other side are familiar characters including the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway) and the Queen of Hearts (Helena Bonham Carter). The late Alan Rickman still voices the Blue Caterpillar despite his passing. Another villain arises in the film and is simply called Time (Sacha Baron Cohen). The all-star cast and the set productions are why this should be your number one film to see this May.  

You can check out other films releasing in May here.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu