Don't let finals get the best of you.

We all tend to get a little stressed during finals week, and it’s important to take care of yourself and not get too wrung out. Here are some things you can do to try to relax yourself.

1. Nap

Sometimes taking a short nap can help re-energize you and give you the push you need to finish the day. It’s OK to nap instead of getting your work done, because there’s no point in studying if you’re too tired to process the information.

girl beach kid tired sleepy

via giphy.com

2. Make a schedule

If you’re feeling like you have too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it, plan everything out. Schedule study sessions and time to write your papers, and cross things off when they have been completed. Don’t forget to include study breaks in your list of things to do. Breaks are important.

chill lindsay lohan jamie lee curtis freaky friday

via giphy.com

3. Take a walk

Sometimes just getting up and leaving for a little bit can help you calm down. Go outside and for a short walk, and try to get your mind off everything you have to do. Exercising can also wake you up and help you study longer.

kristen wiig news & politics kristen stressed pass out

via giphy.com

4. Call your mom

Sometimes, calling your mom or dad can help you chill out. It’s a good reminder that you will see them soon, and you just have to stick it out for a few more days. Let your parents encourage you and calm you down. They can be the best comforters.

30 rock tina fey alec baldwin liz lemon console

via giphy.com 

5. Drink some tea

Besides being super healthy, tea can help alleviate stress. Front Room and Café Bibliotech serve Tazo tea, and Boyd Market is one of many places in Athens that sells Herbal Sage tea. If Kim Kardashian drinks tea, you should do it, too.

kim kardashian drinking tea no

via giphy.com

Remember to schedule time during finals week to take study breaks and calm yourself down. The week will be over soon, and you’ll be able to kick back and relax. Until then, happy studying! 

school college mulan uc berkeley katey sagal

via giphy.com

@jess_hillyeah

jh240314@ohio.edu