Members of the sports staff picked their favorite MLB teams to watch this season. That's the only reason the Los Angeles Dodgers would make a list on an Athens website.

With the Major League Baseball season beginning, the sports staff put together a list of teams to watch. Here are some of its picks:

Cleveland Indians

Charlie Hatch | Sports Editor

Unless you're watching Major League, there's no real reason to get excited for the Indians this season. 

Eh, that's harsh. But until the offense is as good as the pitching, there's no real reason to get excited for #TribeTime.

As Randy Newman sang, "Burn on, big river, burn on..."

Washington Nationals 

Luke O'Roark | Sports Editor 

What's better than Bryce Harper, bullpen fights and Washington sports? Close to nothing. 

The Nats will be the team to watch this year, not because they'll necessarily be the best team in the National League, but because it's Washington sports. There's always some sort of turmoil in our nation's capital. 

Preseason: "The (insert Washington-based team here) is going to win it all!"

Postseason: "Dude, (insert Washington-based team here) sucks." 

Boston Red Sox

Pete Nakos | For The Post

David Ortiz's last season won't come to an end without some sort of bang.

With the addition of David Price and a roster filled with loads of young talent, Boston will be a threat to win the American League East and contend in the AL.

Jerry Remy will be back in the press box doing radio, Sweet Caroline will echo through Fenway Park and Red Sox Nation will live by these words:

"We're not here to mess around, Boston, you know we love you madly. Hear the crowd roar to your sound."

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="d7fce0ba-f9fe-11e5-92bf-63f587b99423"}}

Cincinnati Reds

Spencer Holbrook | For The Post

Bryan Price will lead the Reds for his second season, hoping to improve from last year's 64-win embarrassment.

The Reds' over/under is set at 71 and I'm taking the under. Young pitching and a terrible job of trying to rebuild won't win games. Without Todd Frazier in the lineup, Marty Brennaman won't be saying "... and this one belongs to the Reds!" very much in 2016.

Buckle up, Reds fans.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Jimmy Watkins | For The Post

The Dodgers may have lost Zack Greinke for the mere price of our country's national debt, and Los Angeles may be the most consistent postseason under-performers considering its enormous payroll. 

But the Dodgers still have the most dominant (regular season) pitcher in Clayton Kershaw and the best young prospect in Corey Seager.