Here's a guide to the various dining hall options on campus and what they serve.

Going to the dining halls can be a little confusing during your first couple days at Ohio University, but fear not. Here is your guide to navigating the dining halls.

Shively Court

Shively, located on East Green at the bottom of Morton Hill, is perfect if you are in the mood for comfort food. Shively has the best greasy food on campus. Macaroni and cheese, pizza and fries are some of its must-gets.

food pizza parks and recreation amy poehler leslie knope

via giphy.com

You can also get burritos, tacos and quesadillas at Fuego, a Mexican food station located inside Shively. The Brick Hill Grill serves burgers, chicken nuggets and a variety of other grilled foods. Touch of Home — perfect for when you’re craving a home-cooked meal — offers dishes like mashed potatoes, casseroles and grilled vegetables. The Pomodoro Italian Experience station in Shively serves pizza, pasta and house-made salad. If you’re in the mood for a sandwich, East Deli can prepare made-to-order sandwiches for you, including meatball subs and pulled pork sandwiches.

Shively, like all the dining halls on campus, has a salad bar and serves several different soups that change daily. Shively is also known for its ice cream station, where you can get several different flavors of ice cream that change seasonally.

ice cream baby excited dessert get in my belly

via giphy.com

Vegetarian options:

The Brick Hill Grill serves veggie patties.

The Soup and Vegetarian Station in Shively has different vegetarian options to choose from.

Salad Bar

Normal Hours of Operation:

Hot Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Continental Breakfast: 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Lunch/Brunch: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Nelson Court

Located on South Green, Nelson is the place to go for breakfast. Serving all-day breakfast, Nelson has made-to-order omelettes and eggs, a breakfast buffet where students can always get sausage gravy and biscuits, and doughnuts.

At Smoke ‘n Flames, students can eat burgers, chicken, hot dogs and curly fries. It also serves dessert and soup. The Bamboo Bowl station serves stir fry, dumplings and tea. Students can also enjoy Mediterranean food and thin crust pizza at Kalamata Leaf. Students can also make their own sundaes at the Sundae Fun Day bar. Basically, anything you want, you can find at Nelson. Nelson has a back door on the other side of the dining hall, which makes it easier to get back to your residence hall if you live on South Green.

food 30 rock tina fey liz lemon

via giphy.com

Vegetarian Options:

Salad Bar

Kalamata Leaf station

Bamboo Bowl

Normal Hours of Operation: 

Lunch/Brunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dinner: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

District on West Green

The District on West Green, otherwise known as Boyd, is the most recently renovated dining hall. With the healthiest food options on campus, the District on West Green serves rotisserie chicken, a number of vegetable dishes and many other healthy options.

Students can order sandwiches at Between the Bread and customized pasta at Noodled. The Destinations station offers international food such as hummus and pitas. Margaret’s, the allergen-friendly station, offers gluten, peanut and soy-free options. The District on West Green also has a self-serve frozen yogurt station.

Adult Swim food yum sandwich bite

via giphy.com

Vegetarian Options:

Salad Bar

Tofu is available at Destinations, Between the Bread and Noodled.

Destinations also offers different vegetarian dishes.

Normal Hours of operation:

Hot Breakfast: 7 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Lunch/Brunch: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="acfa0e7e-08cc-11e6-bfd9-031f69dbb210"}}

The dining halls are pretty easy to figure out once you know what they serve. Remember that it’s OK to eat at the dining halls alone. Boyd has seating at bars, making it really conducive for eating alone. Nobody is going to judge you.

@jess_hillyeah

jh240314@ohio.edu