Hunt for Athletic Director will be aided by search committee

Ohio University has selected the firm Eastman & Beaudine to assist in their search for a new Athletic Director. The Dallas, Texas, based firm will help the search committee identify and screen potential candidates for the job.

Eastman & Beaudine has worked with NCAA Divison I teams, Olympic bodies and sporting good companies and has recently been named one of the top 50 search firms among 4,000 in North America.

Seniors honored Ohio wrestler Jake Percival and Volleyball setter Briana Adamovsky were named Ohio Male and Female Senior Athletes of the Year.

Percival finished his career with a 142-10 record, the best in Bobcat history. He finished third in the nation this year and became the first four-time All-American wrestler in the Mid-American Conference. The 157-pounder is only the third four-time MAC Champion in the history of the conference.

Adamovsky capped her impressive senior season by setting school records for assists in a season, 1,453 in 2003, and career, 4,767. She was also named MAC Player of the Year, MAC Tournament MVP, and National Setter of the Year.

Ohio Volleyball coach Geoff Carlston believes that the awards have come with a lot of hard work.

She always had the athleticism

I am proud that she put in the work to become a better leader communicator and student of the game Carlston said.

Academics set track apart Four Ohio Track and Field members were selected to the Academic All-Mac team. Sophomores Dan Bailey and Brian King, junior Allison Green and senior Brian List were honored for their performance on the field and in the classroom.

Students must hold at least a 3.20 GPA and participated in at least half of the team's events to qualify for the MAC All-Academic team.

List, a mechanical engineering major, boasts a 3.61 GPA and finished fifth at the MAC championships in the steeplechase. He has been successfully balancing school, work and athletics for four years but admits it is very difficult.

The hardest part is missing all of the classes. If you don't have an understanding with the professors then it is hard to catch up on notes that you miss

List said.

Head coach Clay Calkins is proud of his student athletes and has always put the emphasis on academic achievement.

Year-round

academics come first

and students know that

Calkins said. It is important that they always stay focused in the classroom because that is what they are here for

to get a degree.

17

Archives