Ohio officials to announce interim to replace Boeh

Less than a week after Director of Athletics Thomas Boeh announced that he was leaving Ohio to take a similar job at California State University, Fresno, a temporary replacement will be named today.

President Roderick McDavis will reveal whom Ohio is naming as interim director of athletics today during a 10 a.m. press conference in the Cutler Hall First Floor Conference Room.

Star renamed to first team For the second time in as many seasons, sophomore Dana Dobbie has been named to the first team of the All-American Lacrosse Conference.

The midfielder led the Bobcat lacrosse squad with 50 points, scoring 37 goals and dishing out 13 assists; after just two years on the team, Dobbie ranks in Ohio's top 10 all-time in each of the three categories. She also finished fourth on the team in ground balls with 27 and led the nation during the regular season in draw controls with 72.

Dobbie started 12 of the 14 games she appeared in this season before injuring her leg, which kept her out of the last two games of the season.

Golfers get great grades The Ohio men's golf team has been working on more than just their respective swings and putting strokes.

During this past Winter Quarter the players studied hard as they set a new record for highest grade point average as a team in any sport at Ohio University. As a team, the golfers compiled a 3.449 team GPA during Winter Quarter, placing seven members of their squad on the dean's list.

Sophomore Ryan Siekmann was named to the Mid-American Conference Academic All-MAC team. Siekmann currently enjoys a 3.38 accumulative GPA.

Other golfers making the dean's list Winter Quarter include Brian Bickle, Grant Christman, Mark Cimarolli, Brian Elsea, Jon Johasky and Luke Korner.

Team gets last chance to qualify Two Ohio men's steeple chasers and the 4x100 and 4x400 relay teams will take their last shot at qualifying for the NCAA Regional event as they compete in the Baldwin-Wallace Twilight Invitational tomorrow.

The 4x100 team, comprised of Dan Bailey, Chip Cox, Dustin Holm, and Scott Mayle, just missed the qualifying time of 40.66 as they posted a 40.97.

The 4x400 team of Bailey, Holm, Mayle and John Willis missed their qualifying time at the MACs last weekend by just three seconds, finishing the race in 3:13.45.

Finally, the Bobcats have two athletes competing in the 3000 meter steeple chase, as Brian King (9:18.24) and Brian List (9:27.58) look to improve their times and meet the qualifying mark of 9:08.15.

17 Archives

Joe Rudemiller