Playboy recruits OU females

The search is on for Ohio University female students willing to bare it all for Playboy's Girls of the Top 10 Party Schools pictorial in its May 2006 issue.

Playboy magazine photographers will be spending three days next week interviewing candidates at OU. The university was selected by Playboy's editorial staff as one of the Top 10 party schools in the country.

Selection criteria included a school's party scene

social opportunities ratio of men to women proximity to off-campus entertainment and general vibrancy of campus life

according to a press release.

This is the second time this year Ohio University has been ranked on a top 10 party school list. The Princeton Review ranked OU No. 2 in its 2006 list.

It is unfortunate if these types of rankings should taint (OU's) image

said Jack Jeffery, media specialist for OU.

At least one student will be selected from each of the ten schools, said Theresa Hennessy, Playboy publicist. More could be selected, but it depends on the caliber of girls who try out and on the variety of girls the magazine needs, she added.

Playboy will make its final selection from head shots and full body shots of the women, who will be photographed in a two-piece swimsuit. Interviews are open to full- or part-time students and will be held Oct. 24-26 at an undisclosed location to ensure the interviewees' privacy.

Women who are selected will be paid, but Hennessy refused to disclose the amount.

It's a nice amount of money

enough for a really nice spring break or to help with tuition

Hennessy said.

Playboy has not contacted the university about the pictorial.

We encourage our students to be thoughtful and carefully consider the possible long-term ramifications of the decisions they make

Jeffrey said.

Interested females should contact Playboy at www.playboy.com/on-campus/collegecastings.

17

Archives