Team to face rivals at home

Even with a firm lock on the top position of the Mid-American Conference East Division, the Ohio women's volleyball team knows there is no time to relax.

Coming off their first match in which they lost a game, the Bobcats (20-2, 10-0 MAC) will face the second- and third-place teams in the MAC East at home for a chance to solidify their lead in the MAC.

The Bowling Green Falcons will visit The Convo tonight and the Miami RedHawks will arrive Saturday for a battle between No. 1 and No. 2 spots in the East.

They are both really well coached

very athletic and hungry teams that have beaten some good teams this year coach Geoff Carlston said. We are just viewing it as two more good teams in our conference that are in our way and in between our goal and I think we are probably the same for them. We definitely aren't taking these matches lightly and we will be ready for them.

Though the Bobcats stumbled a bit during last weekend's matches, Carlston realized his team's weaknesses and worked them out in practice leading up to these matches.

We didn't serve well last weekend

and we made sure to fix that in practice this week

Carlston said. We also have focused on serving

passing and keeping up our tempo.

One of the things the team has put emphasis on after falling behind in the opening games of recent matches is getting off to a strong start.

Middle blocker Amanda Andersen said the team knows about its rough starts but knows it can be fixed.

We as a whole team need to have more urgency to get things done on the court. We can't have the thoughts of well

'we'll just come back later

' Andersen said. We want to push immediately and get the game over with and not be satisfied till it is done.

Setter Savanah Parra also knows the team was able to gain much after its Game-One loss to Northern Illinois.

Obviously you can gain things from any loss

and the games this weekend were a reality check

Parra said. We found out we aren't unbeatable

and we have weaknesses along as the strengths we have just like any team.