Bobcats picked to win MAC East, expectations high for 2005-06 season

The clock was winding down and so was the season.

At one point in the second half, the Bobcats were down 19 points in the Mid-American Conference tournament final against Buffalo.

With his team down one point, guard Jeremy Fears put up a shot for the win, but came up short. However, there was no need to worry because MAC freshman of the year, Leon Williams, was there for the tip-in that sent the Bobcats to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1994.

It was just hanging on the rim forever

Williams said about the tip-in. The upcoming season is hanging on the rim waiting for someone to tip it in and take the Bobcats to the next level. I just hope we reach our potential whatever that is coach Tim O'Shea said. In basketball

maybe more so than any other sport

you need to get some bounces over the course of a season

especially at critical times. We just expect to win now

senior captain Mychal Green said. That extra year makes us that more confident. We are such a young team

O'Shea said. If we make the improvement that we did last year

we will be where we want to be. No. 1 in the MAC The MAC announced on Oct. 27, at its annual Media Day that Ohio is the preseason favorite to capture the conference title, according to the 2005-06 MAC news Media Association Poll. Akron was picked to finish second in the East Division, followed by Miami and Kent State, both which tied for third. O'Shea does not feel like the No. 1 ranking adds any extra pressure for his ball club.

We won

O'Shea said. When you get that ranking and you've never won anything

then that's a lot of pressure. When you accomplish what we accomplished last year