Ohio ready to face Central Michigan

After a rare opportunity of being able to coast down the stretch with a victory on the road over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday night, the Ohio men's basketball team has returned home for another Mid-American Conference contest.

The Bobcats (9-2, 3-0 MAC) will host the Central Michigan Chippewas (2-10, 0-4) after grounding the Eagles earlier this week, 75-63, a tilt which the Bobcats controlled throughout but played sloppily as the clock wound down.

I really didn't like the way we ended the Eastern game; we had some turnovers that we need to cut down at the end of games

coach Tim O'Shea said. My biggest concern is that we have to keep getting better because that will determine our season - the improvements we make between now and the end of the season.

The Chippewas will come into The Convo on a five-game losing streak, most recently falling to Miami, 66-49. Their two wins have come against Wisconsin-Green Bay and Rochester College.

Central is a team that has struggled out of the gate and we are going to be on our home court and it is always important to win at home

O'Shea said. However

this game is weighted just as much as a win or loss with Akron or Buffalo in terms of standings

so we have to be ready to play.

Central is led in scoring by guard Giordan Watson (13.8 points per game) and Sefton Barrett (13.1), but the Chippewas rank last in scoring offense in the MAC with 57.2 points per game.

Despite their lackluster season statistics, O'Shea said he isn't overlooking the Chippewas.

If there is one constant in the MAC it is that anything can happen

and you just never know

O'Shea said. We have to be ready to play. We just want to get through this game with a win and keep our momentum going.

With two road games at Northern Illinois and Toledo coming up next week, the team wants to add another slash in the win column before fighting for wins away from home.

Coach has told us

you have to win the championship on the road

forward Leon Williams said. We got one road win so far

and we want to get this game and stay focused because we need to keep winning on the road as well.

The Bobcats will take on the Chippewas at 2 p.m. Saturday in The Convo.