Summer Inman

Body of missing Logan woman found near Nelsonville

Police recovered the body of 25-year-old Summer Cook Inman, of Logan, last night in an Athens County septic system last night — about a week after she went missing.

The discovery of Inman’s body, concealed in the septic system of Faith Tabernacle Church just north of Nelsonville, brings to end a search that spanned nearly six counties.

Police recovered the body around 8:50 p.m. last night, after the Hocking County Prosecuter’s Office struck a deal with Sandra Inman, Summer’s mother-in-law, for the location of the body.             

Authorities announced this afternoon that Summer died of strangulation.

Sandra Inman, her husband William Inman and Summer’s estranged husband William Inman II are incarcerated at the Southeast Ohio Regional Jail.

The trio was arraigned on those charges this afternoon, each being given a $1 million bond and pleading "not guilty."

Hocking County Prosecutor Laina Fetherolf said she requested a high bond for the three because they are believed to be flight risks.

Fetherolf said felony murder charges would have to go through the grand jury process, and will not be completed today or until after the police investigation is complete.

The Inmans are believed to have once been members of the church where Summer’s body was found, said Logan Police Chief Aaron Miller, at a press conference this morning. Police had previously searched the area surrounding the church.

Miller said her body was found with state-issued photo id in a “cistern-type” section of the septic system.

“The body was very much intact,” Miller said.

Hocking County Sheriff's deputies removed the yellow "crime scene" tape from the church around 4 p.m. this afternoon.

Logan Police received “a number of frantic calls” around 11 p.m. on March 22 of a woman being forced by two men in dark clothing into a white Crown Victoria driven by a woman with bleach blond hair.

The kidnapping victim was later identified as Summer Inman, who was in the midst of a contentious divorce and custody dispute with her husband.  

“It would appear that she was killed very quickly, that evening.” Miller said.

On Thursday, police arrested her husband and in-laws and charged them with  her kidnapping.  

Police declined to discuss Summer’s cause of death. Originally sent to the Athens County coroner, the body has been moved to the Montgomery County coroner in Dayton for a complete autopsy.

wl372808@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity