Missing woman found dead in septic drain

LOGAN — As he exited his car yesterday afternoon, a lone deputy from the Hocking County Sheriff’s Office announced his intentions to the few media members still gathered at Faith Tabernacle Church, a small house of worship just north of Nelsonville.

He was there to remove the bright yellow crime scene tape that sectioned off a large chunk of the church’s grassy lot.

And as he untied and removed the feet of yellow tape — the only remaining indicator of the previous night’s deadly discovery — a thick, wet snow began to fall, coating his hat and jacket.

“They just told me to come get our crime scene tape,” the deputy said as he made his way back to his squad car, taking with him the last remaining sign of Summer from the cold, snowy churchyard.

About 8:50 p.m. the previous night, Logan Police recovered the strangled body of 25-year-old Summer Inman from a septic drain in the churchyard. The mother of three had been missing since Thursday, when police said she was abducted by two men in dark clothing and forced into a white Crown Victoria driven by a woman with bleach blond hair.

The abduction prompted an investigation by state law enforcement agencies in at least six counties as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Police later arrested Summer’s estranged husband, William Inman II, as well as his parents, William Inman and Sandra Inman, and charged them with kidnapping.

The Hocking County Prosecutor’s Office said yesterday that they were able to strike a plea deal Wednesday night with Sandra, who agreed to disclose the location of her daughter-in-law’s body.

The Inmans are believed to have once been members of the church where Summer’s body was found, Logan Police Chief Aaron Miller said at a news conference yesterday morning.

“It would appear that she was killed very quickly, that evening.” Miller said.

Miller said her body was found with state-issued photo ID in a “cistern-type” section of the septic system. Authorities later said Summer’s body was found with a zip tie around her neck.

“The body was very much intact,” he added.

After a week of searching and praying, friends and family crowded the Hocking County Courthouse to watch the three incarcerated Inman’s arraignment yesterday afternoon.

The trio was each given a $1 million bond and each pleaded not guilty.

Hocking County Prosecutor Laina Fetherolf said she requested a high bond for the three because they are believed to be flight risks.

Fetherolf said felony murder charges would have to go through the grand jury process, and will not be completed until after the police investigation is complete.

wl372808@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity