MARCO DELGADO: Sentenced to more than two years in prison

Robber takes plea agreement

A 24-year-old man who took a plea agreement after robbing a man at gunpoint was sentenced to more than two years in prison yesterday.

Marco Delgado took a plea agreement with the Athens County Prosecutor’s office Friday. As part of the agreement, Delgado was found guilty of theft and having a weapon under disability, according to court documents.

Delgado was originally charged with two counts of aggravated robbery after he robbed a man at gunpoint in the Walmart parking lot, 929 E. State St., with John Wallace, 26, and Gabriel Hill, 19.

He was sentenced to 180 days in jail for the theft charge and two years in prison for the having a weapon under disability charge. Two years and six months in prison was the suggested sentence on the agreement.  

The sentences will run concurrently, and Delgado will be given credit for the 87 days he has already spent in the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to court documents.

Delgado’s two years of parole from a 2005 Gallia County will run consecutively to the two-year prison sentence, according to court documents.

Delgado was also sentenced to an optional three years of parole. His sentence could be reduced for good behavior, according to court documents.

Wallace was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to theft and having a weapon under disability as part of an agreement Friday.

Hill’s case is still pending in the Athens County Court of Common Pleas. His trial is set to begin April 4.

ml147009@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity