KYLE KRAMER

Former OU student takes plea agreement

A former Ohio University student pleaded guilty to abduction in the Athens County Court of Common Pleas Friday.

Kyle Kramer, 21, was charged with one count of aggravated burglary, two counts of abduction and one count of burglary after he forced his way into his ex-girlfriend’s Bryan Hall room in February 2010.

He then prohibited her from leaving, according to court documents.

Kramer was arrested March 3, 2010 in front of Baker University Center. He spent less than five days in Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail before his bond of $7,500 was posted.

In a plea agreement with the state, Kramer changed his original plea of not guilty to guilty to abduction on Friday. His other charges were dismissed, according to court documents.  

Kramer was sentenced to seven days in jail as part of his plea agreement.

He will be released at 1 p.m. April 15, according to court documents.

He is also required to complete the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office Diversion program.

He is not allowed to enter any establishments that serve alcohol by the drink, possess or consume alcohol and will be subject to random alcohol testing.

Kramer also must complete an anger management course, pay a restitution of up to $1,000 to the victim and issue a handwritten letter of apology to her through the Victim Assistance Program, according to court documents.

If Kramer violates any of the terms of his plea agreement, he will be required to serve five years in a state prison.

If Kramer had been convicted at a trial, he could have spent a maximum of 21 years and six months in prison and paid a maximum fine of $45,000, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

rs181308@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity