Boo Jackson

Jackson states case resolved

Former Ohio University star quarterback Franshaw “Boo” Jackson said yesterday that he has paid his outstanding court fines and a warrant issued for his arrest should soon be off the books.

Athens Municipal Court issued a warrant for Jackson’s arrest two weeks ago after he failed to appear at an April 8 court date.

“It was a mistake on my behalf,” Jackson told The Post yesterday.

“The court date was for me to pay my court fee and prove I have finished my community service hours,” Jackson explained. “Everything was cleared.”

Jackson’s attorney Robert Toy added that there was no question the issue had been handled.

“It was a misunderstanding,” he said.

The missed court date came after Jackson received a disorderly conduct citation following an incident outside the uptown bar The Pigskin in the early hours of

Feb. 13.

According to the citation from Athens Police, Jackson was involved in an altercation outside the bar and failed to leave after being warned by police.

Police reported Jackson appeared drunk and was acting belligerent.

But Jackson said he was a sober spectator, trying to disperse the crowd that gathered at the bar following a fight between two other people.

“I was not involved in the fight,” Jackson said. “I was a pure spectator of the whole incident.”

Jackson appeared at his preliminary hearing Feb. 15 and entered a plea of not guilty, but he did not show up to his April 8 court date.

Although court officials said yesterday that the warrant remains active, both Jackson and Toy insist it has been resolved.

Jackson was involved in a separate incident at an Athens bar Nov. 5, when members of the football team clashed with staff members of Courtside Pizza and Bar, 85 N. Court St.

The scuffle resulted in Jackson being knocked unconscious and hospitalized.

Those injuries kept him out of practice for a week and he was listed as “questionable” for the Nov. 16 football game against Temple. Jackson appeared in the game, completing four of his 12 passes for 78 yards in a 31-23 victory.

That win helped propel the Bobcats to their second consecutive bowl game appearance.

Jackson ended the season with Ohio’s all-time record for passing touchdowns, as he tallied 38 during his three seasons. He graduated March 19 with a degree in health services administration.

“I have had an amazing time and career here,” Jackson said.   

wl372808@ohiou.edu

@ThePostCity