Men's Golf: Bobcats hope to improve at invitational

After two difficult weekends, the Bobcats will attempt to pick up some momentum with a solid performance this weekend.

They’ll be traveling to West Lafayette, Ind., this weekend to the campus of Purdue University for the Boilermaker Invitational. They’ll be playing on the Kampen Course, which is a par-72 course. The tournament will start tomorrow and the final round will be played Sunday.

In past weeks, the Bobcats have struggled, placing 12th and 13th in consecutive weekends. Poor weather has led to little practice time to fix things for coach Bob Cooley and his squad. They have lacked consistency and often start out hot but fail to finish well in the final round.

Junior Paul Grauer and sophomore Byron Firestone have been team leaders this season and will be traveling to West Lafayette along with sophomore Brad Lucas, freshman Connor Coldwater, senior Chuck Nettles and senior Mark Reinhold.

“We got to practice on Monday and Wednesday; we just worked on our hitting, and our scores yesterday were good considering course conditions,” Cooley said.

The Bobcats are looking to shake things up a bit this week and see who their best will be to take to the Mid-American Conference Championships next weekend.

“Hopefully a couple of our guys can step up and we’ll see who the best are to take next week,” Cooley said. “I’m hoping we can make improvements out there this weekend and finish strong.”

The Bobcats will try to bounce back from poor performances and have a solid weekend of golf this week in preparation for the MAC Championships in Mason, Ohio, next weekend.

ep310809@ohiou.edu

@ThePostSports